Automobile

By 2030, Mazda will electrify Miata while maintaining its lightweight DNA

[ad_1]

Mazda Announced some Large-scale electrification plan Last week, a big question in the hearts of fans was what this means to the beloved Miata.This is the last one on the market Sports car In the veins of traditional sports cars. Adding electrified hardware will increase weight, but lightness — and the resulting driving dynamics — has always been a key part of the pure sports car concept.

According to the Japanese website News, Mazda plans to achieve the electrification of its entire product line by 2030, but this does not necessarily mean a full range of electric vehicles.As we are Report Last week, Mazda’s goal was to make 25% of its lineup come from battery as long as.The remaining 75% has some kind of gas and electricity Hybrids Powertrain.

Simultaneously, Engine 1 Has obtained a statement from Mazda stating that “it is seeking to electrify the car MX-5 Kanda Strive to have some form of electrification in all models by 2030. “It seems that this work is still in its early stages, as Mazda added in its statement, “We will work hard to make it a lightweight, affordable, open two-seater sports car. “

For some time, we have suspected that Mazda is Plans to mix Miata, So considering Mazda’s commitment to keep Miata light, a full-battery electric seems unlikely.If we have to guess, a 48-volt mild hybrid power system is compatible with Mazda’s upcoming rear-drive sedan and cross, Seems to be the most likely.

However, this does not necessarily mean that the next Miata will adopt this format. The service life of Miatas tends to be 10 years, and the current ND generation made its debut in 2015, which still leaves room for the next generation of Miata.

In addition, News According to the report, Mazda reiterated its Pursue synthetic fuel research Serving owners of classic Mazda. These so-called eFuels are man-made, burn cleaner than fossil fuels, and can be used in existing ICEs Unmodified car.

No matter what form Miatas takes in the future, Mazda seems to be committed to a long-term future that provides Miata owners with driving pleasure. Now let’s see if they can pull it down.

Related videos:

[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button