Achieving your goals is an incredible satisfaction.
However, getting this feeling can sometimes be challenging, because achieving goals requires time, effort, and a structured process. This is why it is important to have an action plan to achieve your goals. This will help you stay motivated and ensure you are on the right path.
In this article, we will review the goal setting worksheet created by HubSpot to help you use the SMART framework to outline your goals and develop a plan to achieve them. The template is divided into related parts to help you complete the process, and if you download it, you can do it throughout the post.
Goal setting steps
1. Determine your initial goals.
The first step in the process is to simply determine what your goals are. It doesn’t have to be confusing, it’s just what you want to achieve. For example, if you want to develop your website, your benchmark goal might be “I want to generate more website traffic.”
2. Define your SMART goals.
The second step of the process is to use the SMART framework to elaborate on your goals to ensure that they are clear, measurable, and the process will help you achieve your goals. The following is the meaning of each element in the acronym:
- specific: A specific goal clearly outlines what you want to improve. If you share your specific goals with your team, you should be clear about your intentions.
- Measurable: Making your goals measurable means attaching numbers to your goals, which will help you understand what you have to meet, track your progress, and understand how long it will take you to reach your final goal.
- Achievable: Make sure your goals are achievable, which means they are realistic and you have a chance to achieve them. Your goals will not be too outrageous, or have nothing to do with your current practice, so that you cannot succeed.
- related: Making sure your goals are relevant includes answering the question “Why are you setting the goals you are setting?” Your goals should be directly related to your business needs and help your business grow.
- Limited time: The final aspect of the goal setting process is setting a timetable. It can help you understand what your schedule should be and stay on track in achieving your ultimate goal.
Goal setting template
It is always helpful to have a worksheet to guide you through the process. The picture below is an example.
Once you have completed the definition of your goals, the next step is to calculate your goals so that you know what the final numbers should be so that you can plan your process accordingly to be able to reach these final numbers.
2. Calculate your target result.
Perhaps the most challenging part of the plan is to come up with digital goals that are consistent with achieving goals. You can say, “We want to increase blog potential customers by 25%”, but is the 25% increase in numbers?
With these numbers, you can set milestones for yourself and monitor your progress and make changes if necessary.
The figure below is an example of SMART target calculation.
3. Evaluate your SMART goals.
The final step of the template is to evaluate your goals, which helps you anticipate possible obstacles and develop an action plan to deal with them. If you have multiple goals, please ask the following questions for each goal you have:
- What is your SMART marketing goal?
- Do you think this goal is actually achievable within the time frame you set?
- How many hours can you devote per week to achieve your goal/your goal process?
- What is the biggest challenge preventing you from achieving this goal? In the process of achieving this goal, what challenges might you face? What is the biggest obstacle to achieving this goal?
- What three steps can you take to reduce or eliminate this challenge and successfully achieve this goal?
All in all, following this framework allows you to clearly define your goals and help you communicate their importance to all necessary stakeholders, so everyone is on the same page. begin, Download our template It’s free and start to achieve your goals.